- Latest News
- Registering your burn-off
Fri Jan 1 0:00:00 UTC 2021
Before you burn off make sure ...
- You're following regulations or laws by CFA and your local council.
- You notify your neighbours if your activity will generate fire and smoke.
- Check the weather forecast for the day of the activity and a few days afterwards.
- Establish a gap in vegetation or fire break with no less than three metres cleared of all flammable material.
- There are enough people to monitor, contain and extinguish the burn safely and effectively.
- You notify the Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority (ESTA)
- Online (Preferred) - Register online on the Fire Permits Victoria website. You can do so if your burn-off commences more than two hours from now.
- By Phone - If you wish to start your burn-off immediately, or do not wish to utilise the online form, you may register your burn-off by calling ESTA on 1800 668 511, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. National Relay Service Users can ring 1300 555 727 and ask for Information to be relayed to ESTA via 1800 668 511
- By Email - Complete the Burn off Notification Form (PDF 191k) and email the form to email@example.com.